What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep Apnea is a chronic condition where your breathing briefly stops throughout the night. When you stop breathing, the lack of oxygen in your brain wakes you up to restart your breath. The constant cycle of waking up and falling back asleep keeps people with sleep apnea from getting a deep sleep, leaving them feeling drowsy throughout the day.
Signs of Sleep Apnea Include…
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
- Loud snoring at night
- Waking up at night short of breath
- Snorting or choking sounds during the night (including a restart of breathing)
- Headaches upon waking up in the morning
- Falling asleep unintentionally during the day
- Extreme drowsiness during the day
If you think you suffer from sleep apnea, look no further than Zaytoun Orthodontics. Contact an orthodontist today to see the many ways we can help you rest easy.