If you’re thinking about having your primary care dentist handle your Invisalign© treatment, you should ask the following questions first:
- Are you confident that they can provide the same level of orthodontic care as that of a licensed orthodontist?
- Are they a board certified orthodontist? If not, what reasons would they give you that they should provide Invisalign© treatment and not an actual board certified orthodontist?
Although there are many similarities between orthodontists and dentists, there are also a number of important differences that set them apart.
- After completing dental school, many top students apply to orthodontic residency programs. Acceptance into an orthodontic program is extremely competitive! Once accepted, orthodontists will undergo an additional two to three years of full-time training concentrating on orthodontia including braces, bite problems, and straightening teeth. Most regular dentists don’t have this kind of rigorous supplementary training.
- Unlike general dentists, orthodontists, focus solely on orthodontic care. At Zaytoun Orthodontics, this is our specialty. We perform daily teeth straightening procedures, keep up to date on the latest industry practices and purchase the latest equipment and technology and continue to participate in orthodontic education classes and workshops. As experienced orthodontists with over 100 years of combined experience, we tend to know the best-individualized treatment method for each patient. One-size-fits-all approach is not what we are about
- At Zaytoun orthodontics, we are an Invisalign© Elite Provider for hundreds of Invisalign© cases each year. We have an experienced and dedicated staff ready to go above and beyond to make you feel like family. If you’re in Raleigh, Cary or Garner and have been considering Invisalign©, braces or any other orthodontic treatment for you or your child, get in touch with us today to schedule a complimentary consultation. We’d love to work with you and your smile!