Back to News & Events
Correcting An Openbite
March 15th, 2017
An openbite is when the upper front teeth don’t contact the lower teeth. Common in the front of the mouth, causes of an openbite include excessive thumb sucking as well as a hereditary abnormal jaw structure. Though this condition can be debilitating, the talented staff at Zaytoun Orthodontics are experienced in treating it and helping patients achieve an ideal bite.
Problems arising from an openbite may include:
Treatment for Problems Surrounding an Openbite
- Invisalign® – Invisalign is an almost invisible alternative to traditional metal braces.
- Damon System® Braces – The Damon System is an innovative approach to correcting an openbite that uses a slide mechanism.
- In-Ovation® Braces – A tie-less system, In-Ovation Braces offer a simpler, faster-working alternative to traditional braces.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces – Self-ligating braces use a clip method to easily align teeth without discomfort.
- Lingual Braces – Lingual braces are placed on the backs of the teeth and hidden from view.
- Other Appliances – From spacers to positioners, Zaytoun Orthodontics offers treatments tailored to your specific needs.
Watch the Transformation!
Browse through our Smile Gallery and see how we’ve transformed the smiles of many in the Raleigh area. You could be next!