Crossbites occur when the upper and lower jaws are both misaligned, causing one or more upper teeth to bite on the inside of the lower teeth. This can happen in any part of the mouth, whether it is the front or sides.
What Causes Crossbite?
A crossbite can be caused by unusual jaw development, active thumb or finger sucking habits, airway constrictions, heredity or crowding.
What kinds of problems does it cause?
- Impedes speech development
- Interferes with the eruption of permanent teeth
- Causes excessive wear to the teeth
- Improper jaw function and positioning
- TMJ discomfort
Treatment for Crossbite
Are you searching for treatment options for you or your child’s crossbite? At Zaytoun Orthodontics, we specialize in areas of treatment that include:
- Damon System® Braces – The Damon System is innovative in the sense that it uses a slide mechanism to move teeth into their proper positions and help correct crossbite.
- In-Ovation® Braces – A tie-less system that makes achieving a straight smile quick and painless.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces – Made for adults, self-ligating braces use a clip method to fix a variety of dental issues, including crossbite.
- Other Appliances – Zaytoun is proud to offer a variety of appliances to make correction of your crossbite seamless and comfortable.
Our talented orthodontists will help you find the most appropriate treatment plan based on your current situation. To get started, contact one of our smile counselors and set up your free consultation with us today.
Crossbites can be debilitating, but the experts at Zaytoun Orthodontics are experienced and well-equipped to treat even severe crossbite.