An overbite occurs when there is an excessive overlap of the upper front teeth to the lower teeth. An excessive overbite, or deep bite, can be caused by a variety of factors, but the most common causes are genetics and underdevelopment of the lower jaw. If an overbite is not corrected, it may:
- Interfere with one’s chewing and speech
- Cause excessive wear to the teeth
- Result in painful jaw and joint problems
Overbite Treatment at Zaytoun Orthodontics
Our talented orthodontists are experienced in all areas of oral health, especially overbite treatment. We use a wide range of methods including:
- Invisalign® - Invisalign is an easy-to-use, and virtually invisible treatment. For the correction of an overbite it is an alternative to traditional metal braces.
- Damon System® Braces - The Damon System takes an innovative approach to correcting an overbite that utilizes a slide mechanism to gently move the teeth back in place and correct an overbite.
- In-Ovation® Braces - In-Ovation Braces are a tie-less system that offers a simpler, faster-working alternative to traditional braces.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces - Self-ligating braces use a clip method to easily align teeth without discomfort.
- Lingual Braces - Lingual braces are placed on the backs of the teeth and hidden from view.
- Other Appliances - From spacers to positioners, Zaytoun Orthodontics offers treatments tailored to fix your overbite.