Back to News & Events
Overbite Treatment – A Common Condition
March 15th, 2017
An overbite occurs when there is an excessive overlap of the upper front teeth to the lower teeth. An excessive overbite, or deep bite, can be caused by a variety of factors, but the most common causes are genetics and underdevelopment of the lower jaw. If an overbite is not corrected, it may:
- Interfere with one’s chewing and speech
- Cause excessive wear to the teeth
- Result in painful jaw and joint problems
Overbite Treatment at Zaytoun Orthodontics
Our talented orthodontists are experienced in all areas of oral health, especially overbite treatment. We use a wide range of methods including:
- Invisalign® – Invisalign is an easy-to-use, and virtually invisible treatment. For the correction of an overbite it is an alternative to traditional metal braces.
- Damon System® Braces – The Damon System takes an innovative approach to correcting an overbite that utilizes a slide mechanism to gently move the teeth back in place and correct an overbite.
- In-Ovation® Braces – In-Ovation Braces are a tie-less system that offers a simpler, faster-working alternative to traditional braces.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces – Self-ligating braces use a clip method to easily align teeth without discomfort.
- Lingual Braces – Lingual braces are placed on the backs of the teeth and hidden from view.
- Other Appliances – From spacers to positioners, Zaytoun Orthodontics offers treatments tailored to fix your overbite.
View the Transformation in our Smile Gallery!