Patients with an underbite have unique dental needs, which is why the talented doctors at Zaytoun Orthodontics have extensive experience diagnosing underlying causes, explaining treatment options and determining the best time to begin.
What is an Underbite?
An underbite occurs when the lower teeth and jaw protrude in front of the upper teeth. A variety of factors can cause an underbite, including:
- Underbites can be a genetically inherited trait
- Undergrowth of the upper jaw
- Overgrowth of the lower jaw
- Missing or Crowded teeth
How are Underbites Treated?
When it comes to underbites in children, teens and young adults, early diagnosis and treatment planning are important. At Zaytoun Orthodontics, we treat underbites in our Cary, Garner and Raleigh locations using braces and orthodontic appliances, including:
- Invisalign® - Correct your underbite using an almost invisible method through Invisalign.
- Damon System® Braces - The Damon System reduces the amount of pressure applied to your teeth, making correcting your underbite simple and painless.
- In-Ovation® Braces - Take advantage of shorter appointments and fewer office visits through In-Ovation Braces.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces - A convenient alternative to traditional braces, these options don’t use elastic or metal ties, which means less friction is being placed on the tooth.
- Lingual Braces - Absolutely undetectable, lingual braces are small and comfortable to wear.
- Other Appliances - From headgear to retainers, Zaytoun Orthodontics offers specialized treatments tailored to correct your underbite.