Continuing a Legacy
Dr. Mary Lanier is our newest Zaytoun orthodontist. She is the granddaughter to Dr. Henry Sr., the daughter to Dr. Henry Jr., and the niece to Dr. Mary Paula. It’s easy to see why she thinks that orthodontics “is in her blood” … and she truly couldn’t imagine doing anything else! Growing up around Zaytoun Orthodontics, Dr. Mary Lanier has seen first-hand the positive, life-changing power that comes with transforming smiles. As the third generation Zaytoun doctor, Dr. Mary Lanier is thrilled to continue the family legacy of providing our patients with the absolute best care and the brightest, most beautiful smiles in the Triangle area.
When I was in first grade, I predicted that I would be here. In this exact spot, actually. The project was titled “When I Grow Up.” And in my best 6-year-old handwriting, I wrote: “When I grow up, I want to be an orthodontist. I want to work with teeth.” Sometimes first-grade dreams really do come true, and I couldn’t be more honored to be able to live this dream every day.
Building A Community
One of my favorite things about Zaytoun Orthodontics is the generations of families that have trusted us with their smile. I love meeting people who were treated by my grandfather, have kids that were treated by my father and aunt, and now have grandkids that are coming to me for treatment! Building family bonds and fostering real, meaningful relationships that span generations are a special aspect of our practice that extends far beyond the beautiful smiles that I love creating with and for each one of our patients.
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the North Carolina Dental Society
- Member of the Raleigh-Wake County Dental Association
- Member of the Dental Foundation of North Carolina
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a concentration in Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Doctor of Dental Surgery, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Master of Science in Orthodontics, UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
I love meeting people who were treated by my grandfather, have kids that were treated by my father and aunt, and now have grandkids that are coming to me for treatment!