DR. MARY PAULA ZAYTOUN STEELE
Discovering a Passion
When college approached, I chose to study history, specifically art history, and then proceeded to move on to dental school- intertwining my art background with learning how to properly move teeth and shape smiles. During my studies, I continued to work with my father and began to grow an appreciation for human physiology and developed an understanding that no two faces are ever the same. I acquired a talent that would allow me to do something unique with every patient. I was able to link this connection into my studies as a dental student and then later into my career.
Delivering the Best Care
From the beginning of my career, I have strived to deliver the best care, with a pure heart and a passionate demeanor, for everyone who walks through the Zaytoun Orthodontics doors. I want everyone feeling their best and, of course, leave our time together with a result that is functional as well as beautiful and a smile that will last a lifetime.
- Board-Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Dental Foundation of North Carolina
Zaytoun Orthodontics has deep roots; we have completed care for over 38,000 patients. I have had the pleasure and fortune of being a part of this amazing history, and have witnessed Zaytoun transform into the practice that it is today. Without holding pride in things that are built and designed well, my passion would not have extended into my 35+ year career as the first female orthodontist in the state of North Carolina.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina
- UNC-Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- Master of Science degree in Orthodontics from the University of Iowa.