At Zaytoun Orthodontics, we use a variety of specialized appliances such as expanders and jaw positioning appliances to improve the guidance of tooth movement and to ensure proper facial growth and development during childhood.
Types of Appliances:
- Palatal Expander
- A palatal expander is installed in the roof of patients’ mouths, helping provide room for permanent teeth to grow and improving the way the upper and lower teeth, as well as the jaw, fit together.
- Elastics (Rubber Bands)
- Elastics are used in addition to braces to guide bite and jaw development, guiding the top and bottom sets of teeth to fit together properly.
- Herbst® Appliance
- This jaw repositioning appliance is used to encourage lower jaw growth, ensuring that the lower teeth and jaw catch up in growth to the upper teeth and jaw.
- These appliances fit between teeth and are typically used prior to braces being installed. Spacers are placed when a baby tooth is prematurely lost. The spacer will maintain the space until the permanent tooth erupts.
- Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
- TADs are a modern method of moving some teeth while keeping others in place. These appliances work like a fixed anchor in the gumline. It is very discrete and is inserted pain-free.
- Like positioners, retainers are used post-treatment to ensure teeth remain in place permanently and do not return to their pre-treatment positions.
With more than 125 years of experience, 3 generations of Zaytoun doctors and over 36,000 patients served, Zaytoun Orthodontics has been the go-to office for any orthodontic need for generations of families in the Triangle area.
Visit one of our offices in Raleigh, Cary, or Garner today. We’ll diagnose any misalignments in the teeth, jaw, and overall facial structure and provide the best course of action for your future treatment.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment!