Zaytoun Orthodontics helps patients with TMJ in Raleigh, Cary, and Garner live pain-free.
What Can Cause TMJ?
The direct cause of Temporomandibular Disorders (or commonly called “TMJ”)- an issue with the joints on either side of your face that connect you jaw to your skull – can be hard to pin down. However, the doctors at Zaytoun Orthodontics have determined that most common reasons that TMJ develops in patients include:
- A genetic predisposition to TMJ
- Arthritis of the joints throughout the body
- Jaw or facial injury
- Habitual jaw clenching or teeth grinding
- Malocclusions (a bad biting relationship between the upper and lower teeth)
What Problems Can Arise Because of TMJ?
TMJ can cause severe pain and loss of range of motion. The pain is usually temporary and can be lessened with proper non-surgical treatment along with orthodontics to correct Malocclusions.
If you’re suffering from one or several of the following symptoms, it could be a sign that it’s time to see Zaytoun Orthodontics about TMJ treatment:
- Face, neck and jaw pain
- Pain, ringing or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches and/or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when the jaw moves
- Muscle spasms in the jaw area
- Changes in bite alignment
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
How Does Zaytoun Orthodontics Fix TMJ?
If you or your child is suffering from TMJ and the debilitating pain that can sometimes come with it, Zaytoun Orthodontics is here to help. We’re experts in treating patients with TMJ in the Raleigh, Cary and Garner areas.
Our expert team of orthodontists will find the best TMJ treatment plan for you, based on your preferences, circumstances, and budget. If you’re ready to live pain-free again, contact one of out smile counselors an set up a free consultation today.