With offices in Raleigh, Cary, and Garner, Zaytoun Orthodontics is one of the Triangle’s leaders in CrossBite Correction and pain associated with this condition.
What causes Crossbite?
Active thumb or finger sucking, atypical jaw development, airway constriction, and tooth crowding can all cause the condition known as a crossbite. The condition can also be hereditary, so children with a family history of crossbite may be more at risk.
What can Crossbite cause?
If left untreated, the following can cause crossbite::
- Speech impediments
- Improper emergence of permanent teeth
- Excessive and accelerated tooth wear
- Improper jaw function and positioning
- Asymmetrical facial growth
- TMJ discomfort
How do you correct Crossbite?
If your child is suffering from crossbite, we have different treatment options for your family to choose from. Zaytoun Orthodontics specializes in the following:
- Damon System® Braces: The Damon System utilizes a slide mechanism to move teeth into their proper position. This innovative system can help to correct crossbite.
- In-Ovation® Braces: A tie-less system that makes achieving a straight smile quick and painless.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces: Made for adults, self-ligating braces use a clip method to fix a variety of dental issues, including crossbite.
- Other Appliances: We proudly offer a wide variety of appliances to alleviate your crossbite comfortably and efficiently.
Our talented team of orthodontists will help you find the best crossbite treatment plan for you, based on your preferences and circumstances. If you’d like to get started, simply contact one of our smile counselors and set up a free consultation today.
Crossbite can be a debilitating condition if left untreated, but the experts at Zaytoun Orthodontics are ready and able to treat even the most severe cases!