What Causes Crossbite?
Active thumb or finger sucking, unusual jaw development, airway constriction, tooth crowding, or heredity can all cause the condition known as crossbite. Crossbite can cause several problems, most notably:
- Development of speech impediments
- Emergence of permanent teeth
- Excessive wear on the teeth
- Improper jaw function and positioning
- TMJ discomfort
Treatment for Crossbite
If your child is suffering from crossbite, we have different treatment options for you to choose from. At Zaytoun Orthodontics, we specialize in the following:
- Damon System® Braces: The Damon System utilizes a slide mechanism to move teeth into their proper position. This innovative system can help to correct crossbite.
- In-Ovation® Braces: A tie-less system that makes achieving a straight smile quick and painless.
- Other Self-Ligating Braces: Made for adults, self-ligating braces use a clip method to fix a variety of dental issues, including crossbite.
- Other Appliances: We proudly offer a wide variety of appliances to alleviate your crossbite comfortably and efficiently.
Our talented team of orthodontists will help you find the best treatment plan based on your preferences and circumstances. If you’d like to get started, simply contact one of our smile counselors and set up a free consultation today. Crossbites can be debilitating, but the experts at Zaytoun Orthodontics are ready and able to treat even the most severe cases!